Monday, March 06, 2006

Hey everyone (REMIX)!

PART ONE: I do have a few things to upload today, to be honest, but I'm busy doing a few other things at the moment, so I'll upload in a few hours. More details then!

EDIT: Alright everyone, sorry for the delay there. I was doing a few things:

*Downloading a plethora of video game soundtracks from a site that a friend directed me to: Galbadia Hotel (they have video game art books and commercials hosted there as well - it's wicked)

*Doing my taxes (not getting as much back as I hoped, but hey, it'll help pay a few things off)

*Watching the new episode of Black Cat (not the greatest anime out there, by far, but it helps pass the time on Mondays) (it should also be mentioned that Narutofan.com has just added another handful of anime titles to their already large list of those available for download by Plus! members, so I may be checking some out to waste even MORE time)

*Working on a proposal that was due yesterday for class (literally, as it's now 1:24 am when I'm typing this up)

I'd say all in all it's been a pretty productive night, but that's not what you're here for, is it? No, you're here for the art. Right. The art.

Well, today brings us a few pieces to bat.

1) The coloured version of the song-related theme day - I used marker paper for the base, Prismacolor markers for the background, and coloured pencil for Doomz in the foreground. Hence the lack of shading on Doomz, as I was to discover that coloured pencils and marker paper simply do not mix very well. Trial and error, my friends. Trial and error.



2) Of course, what would a sketchblog post from Doomz be without random-ass sketches? I explained what each one is in the image itself, so hopefully all is clear.



Right. So I have that proposal to finish, some stuff for work to study a bit more, eight more albums to download, and it don't look like I'm sleepin' tonight!!!

Have a good one, crazy folk!

--doomz