Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Eye spy..

It feels like forever since I've posted. Here is a picture I did a few nights ago. I wanted to try my hand at doing something a lot closer to realistic looking, since most of what I do is semi-real but still pretty comicy. What I did was, I have a HUGE copy of a digital photo of my eye, and I opend that up in photoshop, then opend a canvas in photoshop right beside it, and used the photo as a guide. All of this picture is 100% made from scratch, since some people as if I drew over the photo or not. I did not bring in any textures, or use special brushes or anything. It's just lots and lots of layers, and the brush tool, and a little bit of the burn tool, that's all. And this is not the biggest copy of it. The original is about eh, 3 or 4 times bigger then this. Each hair is its own strand, so no copying and repeating anything, or short cuts. It took me from about 12am to about 630am of the same night. I still want to touch up a few things, like make the thicker hairs of the eye brows tapper off more, and a few little things like that, but it's pretty much done. I'm going to try and do another picture like this, but with more of a body in it. Enjoy!


Wage