Wednesday, June 14, 2006

W is for Wednesday!

And working my ass off! Damn! Things've been crazy since I got back! Today's post from me is going to be a tad lacking, but that's mainly because a lot of the stuff I've been drawing lately is oversized, and I just don't feel like multi-scanning/taking photos right now, or it's spoilerish, and I don't want the people who actually follow my comic (aka the ladies) to get too far ahead of what's to come.

Right, so here's what's up today:

(1) Anyone who follows my DeviantArt page will have seen this already. I did it while I was on vacation, on a pad of paper that my buddy Jon provided me with in Long Beach (as I was separated from my sketchbook at the time). My main issue with it is Nick (located at the far right), as I messed up his eyes and general look. But eh - gotta keep trying, right?


(2) For Fan Expo 2006, I figure I should diversify my wares a bit. So, in that light, I started drawing some chibi characters that I'll probably use for stickers or bookmarks or something. Call it selling out if you will, but it allows me to try out different styles rather than just focusing on one thing. And also, I need to cover the cost of the table and materials, so why not?

Shino from Naruto:


(3) Finally, this image was originally a roughly done sketch that pre-dates the Doomsdayblaze images I posted a few weeks ago. I saw it lying around, and took the ideas I had from his armour, and integrated those with the jacket he was wearing in this sketch, and came up with what you currently see below. I like how it turned out.

Anyway, that's about it for now! I'm going to work on wrapping up some things for the night, and in my quest to constantly progress. Feel free to let me know your thought on the pieces!

Peace,

--doomz