Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's been a while croc-oh-dile

Hey guys, whats up. Just a quick post here as I'm off to the islands this afternoon. I've not much to show because I've been writing a lot and the drawing side has taken the passanger seat to it. But I have a couple of things.

I had a character long ago named after me, as most of us do at one point or another. He was 'Adam V' and he was kind of a ninja character that was for the innerdark comic I'm working on. But I decided that I don't want him THAT named after me in the final version of things. So I gave him the name Wage, which actually ends up being a pretty cool ninja name. Also, I am very tired of seeing ninjas. They are all over the place (sorry naruto fans, haha) but I did not want some guy running around in black semi-tight fitting clothes with blades strapped to his arms or legs or something, with a magic sword that can make waves appear or something. I wanted something diffrent, and frankly he use to be kinda like that. With dark clothes, then a cloak over it, kinda like vincent from FF7 or along those lines, and even Shadow from FF6 before that. So I not TOO long ago re-vamped him. I mixed a sort of spanish, asian, cowboy look for him. Making him seem more poor, with raggid clothes, to better fit the world he lives in, and that giant akward had and pointy boots do not make you think ninja. And also his sword is wrapped up so it's not nearly as much 'hey check out my badass sword' I will soon do a full proper picture of him, but here is the first design drawing I did for it.
Next someone asked me to draw what the 11th demension looked like. It was a challange, and so I took this challange on, and I think I won!
And finally, I said to my dad "Dad, could you draw me some characters for my comic? Just random guys I could stick all over the place?" This is what he came up with.My dad is the best dad I've ever had.

Have a good one!

Wage