Friday, January 19, 2007

It's been a long time - shouldn't have left you...

...without a dope beat to step to. Step to. Step to. Step step step step to. Step to. Tiki-tik!

Yeah, so it's been such a long time since I've posted anything up that I don't even know what I haven't posted. So many random freaking files on this computer. It's ridiculous. I've gotta start consolidating (oh god, I SO work at a bank) them into bigger pictures, so that shit's not all over the place. Shit.

But enough of that. First, I'll go take a break to eat some dinner!

(Intermission)

Righto. So I think four images will be what's what for today. They're mostly just a collection of sketches that have been inked. Nothing TOO horribly exciting, I'm afraid.

So here goes!

(1) Yeah, I was sketching a little bit of everything for a bit. This was done while watching an episode of Bleach from a year or two ago. This guy was an ass, but I liked his look enough to just do a quick study of him, which I inked. It matches the likeness of dude from the anime pretty well.


(2) I'm pretty sure I posted the pencils for this before, but I tried inking some of it to really get the idea of underwater motion down, which is implied by the use of the bubbles. I eventually just scrapped it, because of major anatomy flaws and boredom. Heh. But I like where it was going - I'll try to incorporate it later on.

(3) And when all else fails, draw random headshots. I don't even know what I was thinking on this one. Kyle in a cardigan, because he's a rich bastard. That's probably along the lines of what I was thinking. I should really branch out and try drawing a lot of different stuff, though - drawing just the four dudes is probably unhealthy for my skills.
(4) Which brings us to another anthro character altogether - the MAN-DHOLE! I was trying to see what other characters I could draw in an anthropomorphic style, so I flipped through one of my animal picture books and came up with the dhole - I think it lives in South Africa or something. Business dhole by day, PARTY DHOLE BY NIGHT!

Get your freak on!



Ha ha ha ha. And so closes another post! Back to trying to keep my computer from dying!

Adios amigos!

--doomz