Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Random goods

I feel bad, for this will be the first time I'm posting a picture that was not made brandnew just for the blog. I'll post more then one picture to make up for my badness!! What I have is, two character sketches, and also a panel from my comic..

What we have here is ideas for a character called 'the cock-fighter' based on a good friend of mine, Jonathan Forrest. He uses his fighting to charge up his suit, then can travel through time with said suit. So I wanted there to be lots of random gear on it. And, in the finished product, it will have a big painting of a roster on the back. And that's a helmet he is holding. The idea was to make it like the space/hightech suits they would wear in 80's movies and sci-fi art. And not like the slick suits they have in movies these days.
This character is David Fauker. He is one of the main 3 InnerDark (name of the comic) characters. At first, and for a lot of battles, David will have his face covered. So, I wanted to make sure he had and interesting mask. Because if he had something like a Spawn mask all the time, it would get boring. I also wanted to show his eyes (unlike, say, Spawn, wolverine, spider-man, or batman) because you get so much emotion and character from someone's eyes, it would be a pity to cover them. And it needed a mouth hole so he could drink, and maybe smoke without having to take it off. His jacket will be different in the final comic. Shorter, and less trench coat like. Oh, and the original mask this was based off of came from Rodrigo on one of his trips around the globe. So it means more to me then just a random mask idea that looked cool. So I have him to thank for that.
And last but not least, here is a panel from my comic. I draw all the panels on separate paper, and HUGE, then do the detail, and scan them, shade them, and then stickem together with photoshop. This one is not complete as you can see. I still need to finish the furry hand on 'Big mamma' there, and maybe some back ground detail, I'm not sure yet. And that is CrazyLeg sitting down on the right hand side there. I have posted a picture of her before on here way back near the start of this site. Okay, sorry for going on and on, this is longer then it should have been I guess, but it's almost 3 in the morning, cut me some slack!! As always, enjoy!

Wage