Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What the fricka frack?

Yeah, so I'm pretty sure we're all aware that Blogger was massively effed up this weekend. Oh well, it's not ours to control, so I guess we've gotta go with what we got.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to be honest with you all, I haven't done much of anything as per art this week, which is horrible, but with all the crap I have due before Reading Week (which would be next week), I had to shift my focus. So today's post will focus more on passing on some knowledge than anything else.

Something good I came across on my friendlist over at LiveJournal was a series of links on Newsarama by someone named Jim Zubkavich who's already in "the industry" as we all know it. (That'd be comics, folks.) He's doing a bi-weekly column called "One Step" that focuses on telling would-be comic artists how to get their foot in the door and what mistakes they may be making. The first three installments are here and I think are worth a glance:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

As for today's sketch, all I'm posting is my WIP (work-in-progress) sketch for my comic Fish & Chimps. This week's installment will be Comic #99, and I'm trying to get it done in a reasonable amount of time. After releasing only 6 (!) strips last year, I wanted to put more of an effort into the comic this year, which I've been doing. Juggling the work, school, art, and friends ain't easy, but I'm willing to put the effort in.

But yes, enough babbling. The comic in progress:


I'm trying to be realistic, but I know I need to draw more. I don't intend to work at any of the Big Three down the road, but I would like to have art as a major part of my life, and I need to keep improving. Hopefully I can hunker down for a day or two next week and get a colour #100 out. Man.

Ah well, that's it for now. Take it easy, everyone.

--doomz