Friday, February 23, 2007

Before I go take a nap...

...a couple of lineart pieces.

Clare's past pressuring to get things done as per getting things put together for Void got me designing some things so that I can finally enter a character there. I posted this originally back in November, and it's pretty much lingered since then. I have fun inking and getting all the little details in. Also, after taking Clare's suggestion to vary my lineweights more, I'm happier with the results I'm getting. I still need to do a drawing of this from the side and back views, and a shot with the jacket off as well. Maybe even one with the shirt off as well, because he wears an undershirt under that. Lotsa lotsa design going on.

My Doomz design confuse the hell outta me. Sometimes I'll draw the poor guy with lips, and sometimes I'll leave them off altogether. I guess it all really depends on what kind of mood I'm trying to portray at the time with the drawing. After drawing this (and messing up ROYALLY on the glasses), I decided that it'd be cool if my character pages on my site were in this form. Like selecting characters in an old arcade game. I'm feelin' it. I might re-do the picture and keep the logo. We'll see.


Yeah, so I'm getting through the rest of the pencilled work from '06, and I'm hoping that life eases up a bit so I can play with the tablet a bit more. But I'll keep inking and drawing things out, and then see what I can lay down.

Right. I'm rambling. To bed I go.

Later y'all.

--case p.

Labels: